Monday 18 July 2011

Oba of Benin hails Oshiomhole, Fashola

THE Oba of Benin, Omo n’Oba Erediauwa, has commended Governors Adams Oshiomhole of Edo State and Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State for the fast pace of development in both Action Congress of Nigeria-governed states.
The Oba made the commendation while receiving the ACN governors, who paid him a courtesy visit after their meeting in Benin City, the Edo State capital, last weekend.
Throwing his weight and that of the palace chiefs behind Governor Oshiomhole for a second term in 2012, the royal father said “you will come back andcomplete unfinished projects”.
The Oba, however, tooka swipe at a Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) chieftain, Owere Dickson Imasogie, for casting aspersion on the palace.
Receiving the ACN governors, the Oba said “Edo State Governor, both you and all your colleagues are welcome. When I was told you were coming to pay a visit after a retreat, I asked what retreat are they coming to do in EdoState? So thank you very much for this visit.
“You are all praying for Oshiomhole to come back in 2012. We are also hoping that he comes back and I and my chiefs say you will come back and complete unfinished projects.
“Lagos Governor, when I see what you’ve done for Lagos where I spentmany years; when I saw what you did at Oshodi; when I was in Lagos I used to pass that road to Ibadan, you know how many hours I used to spend there? When I saw how you’ve changed it, I told an old friend and chief to say “ E ku ise o”for doing that. Una do well o. Its rainy season we are in, but it won’t stop you (Comrade Oshiomhole) from finishing the roads, especially Airport road, Ese o, e kaabo, thank you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment