Tuesday 28 August 2012

I am the world’s most criticised president – Jonathan

President Goodluck Jonathan on Monday said he was the most criticised President in the whole world and vowed to become the most praised before he left office.
Jonathan however absolved himself of any blame for the country’s problems for which he said he had become an object of criticism.
“I think I am the most criticised President in the whole world, but I want to tell this audience that before I leave I will be the most praised President,” he said at the opening of the 52nd Annual General of the Nigerian Bar Association at the International Conference Centre in Abuja.
He added, “Sometimes, I ask, were there roads in this country and Jonathan brought flood to destroy the roads?
“Was there power and Jonathan brought hurricane to wipe it out?
“If Boko Haram is that of poverty in the North, were there farms and Jonathan brought tsunami and drought to destroy them? Within two years – is that possible?
“But what I can tell Nigerians is, ‘let those talking keep talking, time will tell.’”
The keynote speaker at the event, Bishop Matthew Hassan Kukah of the Sokoto Catholic Diocese, had earlier picked holes in the 1999 Constitution and said the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria was the most powerful President in the world.
Kukah also said a messiah was needed in the country, but he emphasised that the identity of the messiah was still unknown.

No comments:

Post a Comment