Thursday 21 February 2013

Emenike out for eight weeks • To miss W/Cup qualifiers

Emmanuel Emenike


Emmanuel Emenike will miss next month’s World Cup qualifier against Kenya as his hamstring injury will keep him out for 8 weeks.
Spartak Moscow striker Emenike suffered the injury during the recent AFCON in South Africa and has now said he is shocked he will be out for that long after Eagles doctors said he would only be sidelined for two weeks.
 Emenike revealed to MTNFootball.com from his team’s training camp in Spain that Spartak Moscow’s team doctor after thorough examination on his leg told him he will be out for next two months against the two weeks the Eagles medical staff said.

He said, “I expected the medics with the national team to tell me how long I would be out of action, they gave me wrong information that I will be out for two weeks, but that was a lie and I am not happy with it. On getting to my team’s camp here in Spain, they told me I will be out for eight weeks after examination.”
“I should have been told right from South Africa that I will be out for this long, rather than coming to discover here at my club. It was not funny at all.
 “After doing well for Nigeria at Nations Cup, my club expected me to come back and perform better and not to return with injury when I am needed.”
The big striker admitted this is a big blow to him and his Russian club.
 “I don’t know what to say because this is a big setback for me and my club,” he said.

PUNCH

No comments:

Post a Comment