Friday 28 June 2013

Actress Laide Bakare Dares Estranged Husband



Nollywood actress, Laide Bakare, has finally spoken out on the ongoing separation saga between her and estranged husband, Olumide Okunfulire, saying that she was duly married to businessman, Mr. Tunde Oriowo a.k.a. ATM.
The thespian performer, who forwarded us pictures of her reported Nikkah engagement to the new lover which held quietly in Lagos recently, added that, as the pictures show, at the time of the secret marriage, she was carrying Mr. Oriowo’s baby at the time.
Speaking from her U.S. base, the actress stated that, with the foregoing evidence, there is no mistaking who the father of her new baby is.
Olumide Okunfulire had, reacting to Laide’s public announcement of her new marriage in a media interview, threatened her estranged wife with arrest, claiming among other things that the U.S. court was yet to annul his union with the actress, therefore her decision to engage another man as husband, was foul of the American matrimony law.

Besides, the aggrieved Olumide also threatened to undertake a DNA test on the girl child his marriage to Laide produced to determine if he actually fathered the girl because of what he termed the actress’ “unstable nature” whilst they were together. He did not stop there; Olumide, strangely, also stated in the interview (not with Global Excellence) that the new baby that Laide had on May 31st 2013 which she said belongs to her new husband, Mr. Tunde Oriowo, could be his (Olumide’s) because Laide was with him some months between when she announced her new marriage and when she had the new baby.
Meanwhile, the Nollywood star actress has debunked these claims made by her estranged husband. Laide Bakare, in a phone chat with Global Excellence magazine last weekend, stated that her decision to walk away from Olumide Okunfulire remains the best she has taken to salvage her life.
According to the actress, she has a reputation and she would not allow the name she had built as a celebrity actress to be sacrificed on the altar of what she termed “falsehood, frustration and desperation which have become the hallmark of my former husband”.
Laide said that, though, she still did not believe it was Okunfulire who had said all he was quoted to have said in the said media serial interviews. If they were claims from him as reported, she said, then “he must be very insane”.
“Ordinarily, I would not believe all the stories of him saying those rubbish things in the media. May be he was being pushed to say those things by those who know nothing about how we lived together or, may be, they just want to put him in a big trouble”, Laide had said.
Reacting to Olumide’s alleged claim that he was going for a DNA over their child, Laide said that Mr. Olumide, if he actually said that, “must have gone mad”. She said that Olumide “must be oozing from chronic drunkenness which became his status long before I met him”.
The actress had dared her estranged husband to go ahead with the DNA. “Let him go ahead if he really meant it but I’m sure he has run mad.
On the claim by Mr. Okunfulire that Laide never separated from him as wife before she wedded another man, in this case, Mr. Tunde Oriowo, the actress stated that she actually divorced Mr. Olumide Okunfulire in October 2011 from the marriage of understanding she had with him.
“I divorced him properly and normally”, she said.
“When I realized that he was not ready to let go of me after I was sure I had done enough trying to salvage him from unending drinking of alcohol and other things I would not like to talk about now, including other bad habits that usually follow heavy drinking, I sought the advice of my lawyers who told me I was good to go. That was in 2011, around October. I have left him since then”. According to Laide, even while they were married, they never stayed together as husband and wife. It was their collective agreement, though.
“He would only visit me in Nigeria when he felt like and then left. I would also visit him in America and return to my career in Nigeria. It was an understanding between us”.
What actually poisoned her mind against the marriage with Olumide, according to the actress, was when she discovered that Olumide has two grown-up kids and was engaged to different women.
“He lied to me that he was never married and had no children yet when we agreed to marry. But I was shocked to find out later that he has a 14-year old son, his first, in Ondo, Ile Oluji, named Olaoluwa and she has a mistress living with him now in America named Tosin. What I faced learning about these women should not be a subject for the public but the best decision was for me to leave. My new husband, I met him almost one year after I left him. I’m a celebrity and nobody knows Olumide until he got married to Laide Bakare”.
“Olumide is a disappointment. I know what I’m talking about. He has disappointed so many people I know. I went through a lot staying with him. I had to be dragged to pay heavy debts he owed people which I knew nothing about. He kept drinking heavily and owing debts leaving me to pay them. Yet he was dishonest. If truly he has said that he would arrest me, I dare him to take a step. He should know that I’m the one that can put him in trouble. He will disgrace himself. Let him support his overconfidence with action and let’s see who will blink first. He must be unserious and irresponsible to have said he wanted a DNA for our daughter. Let him do it, I’m available, but that is not the hallmark of a good father. He has my cell phone number but he has not called me since they said he has been talking. We are both here in America, I’m a celebrity, I walk freely here. I dare him to carry out the threats.
But after this, I will not talk to the press on the matter again. I’m not bothered what anybody has to say. It doesn’t affect me a bit because I stand on the truth. I’m now a free woman. I have a new life now which I’m enjoying with my lovely husband, the biological father of my new baby, Babatunde”.
-Folorunsho Hamsat

Source 

No comments:

Post a Comment