Tuesday 26 November 2013

My son’ ll play for Man City —Iheanacho’s father


JAMES Iheanacho, father of 2013 FIFA U-17 World Cup most valuable player Kelechi Iheanacho, has said that his son will play for English Premiership side Manchester City.
The younger Iheanacho had been linked with a possible move to Porto FC of Portugal, but when his father was asked yesterday on Monday Night Football, he said his son would play for Manchester City and not Porto or Chelsea, which he (the father) was believed to have initially favoured.
James Iheanacho, who called into the programme on Super Sports, said: “As I am talking to you, I have chosen in my mind [that] Kelechi is going to Manchester United.” But in what appeared to be a correction, he added: “I have told you that he is going to Manchester City.”
He said as a father, he has the right to advise his son, which he said he would not regret if he accepts, adding that he had advised Kelechi on the choice of club he should play for.
He also disclosed that a family meeting on the issue of his club was scheduled to hold on Monday night after which the press will be addressed.
He also denied ever evaluating his son to be worth one million Euros, adding: “No, those people are my enemies. I never said that.’’

No comments:

Post a Comment