Tuesday 24 December 2013

Adebayor slams Tottenham

Emmanuel Adebayor

Striker Emmanuel Adebayor has accused Tottenham of disrespecting him.
He scored twice on his first Premier League start of the season as Spurs beat Southampton 3-2 on Sunday.
But the 29-year-old forward was not included on the club’s official photograph and trained on his own while Andre Villas-Boas was manager.
“It was difficult,” said Adebayor. “When I come to train and see the team picture, which I’m not involved in, that shows me a lot of disrespect.”
Adebayor spent a season on loan at Tottenham from Manchester City in 2011-12 and scored 17 goals in 33 Premier League matches, before joining Spurs in a permanent deal for £5m in August 2012.
However, he only found the net nine times in 36 appearances in all competitions in 2012-13 and had only played 45 minutes of first-team football under Villas-Boas this season.
“I’m a professional footballer, I had to keep my head up and I did what they asked me to do,” said the Togo player.
“They asked me to train with the reserves, which I did with pleasure, and they asked me to train on my own, which I did with pleasure.”

No comments:

Post a Comment