Tuesday 14 January 2014

I chose Boro over Premier League clubs – Omeruo

Kenneth OmeruoKenneth Omeruo has revealed he turned down Premier League offers to join Boro.
The prospect of regular first team football convinced the 20-year-old Nigeria international to link up with Aitor Karanka.
Omeruo, who was unable to make his Boro debut at Blackpool on Saturday will be with the club until the end of the season.
It’s understood that Chelsea were willing to allow the talented young defender to join Karanka’s improving outfit on the understanding that he would be a first team regular.
And the bonus is that under the terms of his loan, Omeruo is eligible for the play-offs, should Boro finish in the top six.
He told the GazetteLive: “I want to help Middlesbrough achieve their ambitions.
“The coach told me the club has gone from fighting relegation to six points from the play-offs, so that’s my aim, that’s why I am looking forward to my time here, I want to help Middlesbrough climb the table.”
“I’m looking forward to playing in the Championship,” he added, “though I don’t know too much about the division yet.
“The fans should expect me to give my best, I’ll give everything while I’m here.
“I have to put my best foot forward, impress the fans and impress the manager.”

No comments:

Post a Comment