Thursday 15 December 2011

Kelly Rowland Admits Being "Bossy"Has Run Men Off!



Kelly Rowland recently revealed that she has to learn to let a man be a gentleman in order for her to find and keep Mr. Right:

The desire to be in control and decide everything myself as much as possible gets in the way. The fact that I can act a little bossy has ruined quite a few dates. I choose the restaurant, I open the door myself, sometimes I’ll even pay the bill. I really have to learn to let a man be a gentleman.That’s probably one of the reasons why I’m single. I get in the way of myself when it comes to men.

If I’ve learned one thing from watching Mama Oprah’s show, it’s that men like to feel needed. Last year, while Serena was scrubbing Oprah’s feet (random but I’m getting somewhere with this –promise), she dropped some nice little gems about relationships after Serena revealed she wasn’t having any luck in the ‘men’ department. She told Serena:


You are a good catch but men want to feel that they are needed. They need to feel that they are important and it’s very hard to do that with a powerful woman. It takes a very special guy to do that.


You can not pretend to be anything less than you are. You can’t go around dimming your light just to be walking with someone else. You can’t! What you really want is to be completely full of yourself so that your cup runneth over so you give it to other people. Not in an arrogant way but so that you absolutely own your own power. OWN YOUR OWN POWER!

I loved what Oprah had to say but it’s definitely hard to ‘own your own power’ and not want to open your own car door or pay for the bill every now and then. Seems like Kelly and most women that ‘have their own’ are still holding on to Destiny’s Child ‘Independent Woman’ anthem.

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment