Thursday 2 February 2012

I underestimated Everton and it cost us – Mancini

Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini took the blame for his side’s loss to Everton on Tuesday night, admitting that he under-estimated David Moyes’ team.
City suffered a 1-0 defeat against Everton at Goodison Park as Darron Gibson struck in the second half on the same evening that the midfielder’s former side Manchester United saw off Stoke City 2-0.
United are now level on points with their rivals, who boast a six-stronger goal difference, at the top of the Premier League – but Mancini remains confident about his charges’ title chances.
“I made mistakes, and it is an admission from me that I got it wrong – sometimes it is possible to make mistakes,” Mancini said. “We didn’t prepare properly for this game. Maybe I thought it would be easier against Everton than it was. I should have known it is never easy coming here.
“We played well against Tottenham and won three games in the Premier League. Everton were without three or four important players, and maybe we didn’t prepare properly, which was my mistake.
“But defeat is not important, because we are still top, and there are 15 games remaining, so we have time [to win the title]. All the players played well, I have no complaints with them, and I think I have to learn from my mistake. I will not sleep tonight!”
Mancini was also asked about the future of Carlos Tevez, after the Argentine failed to seal a move away from Eastlands before the close of the transfer window.
He said: “I don’t know his condition, so I don’t know at this moment if he can rejoin the squad, and I don’t know if he will have to apologise. At this moment I am just thinking about my mistake.”
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment