Friday 24 February 2012

Yobo ready for a new partner


Yobo
Super Eagles captain Joseph Yobo has expressed confidence in the ability of the home-based players to live up to expectation when the team engage Rwanda in an African Nations Cup qualifier in Kigali.
Yobo, who spoke from his base in Turkey, said he was not bothered if his central defence partner would be from the Nigerian league or abroad.
He said, “I have lost count of the number of players that I have paired with in the team. From Taribo (West) to Isaac Okoronkwo – I have rarely played up to four matches in the national team without a new partner. All I do is come to camp and let the coaches decide who will be my partner. I am already used to that. Just one or two training sessions helps me to adjust to a new partner.”

No comments:

Post a Comment