Thursday 5 July 2012

Dasuki meets Boko Haram leaders soon

Dasuki
The new National Security Adviser (NSA) retired Col. Sambo Dasuki assured yesterday that he will soon meet with Boko Haram leaders for possible dialogue with the group, saying he already had their contacts.
Dasuki, who spoke in Jos during a meeting with stakeholders in Plateau, said he was planning to meet with the group on the need for it to cease fire and embrace dialogue as soon as possible.

“I was in Yobe and Borno States last week and I have got the telephone numbers and contacts of key Boko Haram members and I will meet with them. I saw the dangerous effect of Boko Haram in these states and what I saw was pathetic. But I have the mandate to put heads together with religious and traditional leaders as well as the state governments to ensure an immediate ceasefire,” Dasuki said.

No comments:

Post a Comment