Saturday 16 February 2013

NFF didn’t offer me Eagles job – Zambia coach

Renard


Zambia coach Herve Renard has denied the Nigeria Football Federation wanted him to replace Stephen Keshi as Super Eagles manager.
Keshi had claimed that the NFF offered the job to the Chipolopolo manager during the South Africa 2013 Africa Cup of Nations won by Nigeria on Sunday.  The Eagles beat surprise finalists Burkina Faso 1-0  to lift their third Africa Cup of Nations title.
“After we played Ethiopia they (NFF) called me to a meeting. The board members and the President of the NFF, they told me that I could not read the game very well and that the changes I was making were not the right changes,” Keshi was quoted as saying.
  “They asked me if I was not watching the Zambia coach and how he does his changes and how he coaches his team.”
However, Frenchman Renard denied having any discussion with  any Nigerian officials over Eagles job.
“I don’t know anything about this story,” Renard, who has 18 months remaining on his Zambian contract, told  Zambia Daily Mail on Thursday.

PUNCH

No comments:

Post a Comment