Friday 29 March 2013

Redemption- Christ died for all

 
He prayed......"o father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless,not as I will but as thou will".............

 He prayed it three times saying the same words, but finally He said...... 

"the hour has come that the son of man is betrayed into the hands of sinners"............ 

 Judas betrayed Jesus with a simple sign that will ordinarily mean care................ a kiss....... 

Jesus said to His disciples.."thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my father and He will give me more than 12 legions of angels? But how then shall the scriptures be fulfilled."

 His disciples left Him....what a betrayal!!! HE was embarassed,totured,beaten and His life given in exchange for a common thief.... Barabbas........

 THE day dawned with the shout of crucify him! by thesame mouth of those who shouted Hossana! not quite long ago...,...



 HE WAS STRIPPED AND WHIPPED . HE WAS GIVEN A CROWN OF THORN. HE WAS MOCKED AND SPITTED UPON.HE WAS CRUCIFIED IN BETWEEN MERE THIEVES..HIS ROBE WAS TAKEN........

He shouted! "Eli Eli lama sabachthani? Meaning"my God my God,why has thou forsaken me? And then He said....IT IS FINISHED!!! ...... 

The veil of the temple tore into two from top to bottom...The work of our redemption is done.... We can now approach God's throne boldly...HE bled and died that we may live.....let us not crucify Him all over again with the works of our hands....think about it...shalom

Culled: GEM

No comments:

Post a Comment