Wednesday 23 November 2011

Cars, Cash for Dolphins, Rivers Angels


Players and officials of Dolphins and Rivers Angels expect to be rewarded with gifts of cars and at least N500 000 when they are hosted by the Rivers State government this week.
WORTHY CHAMPIONS: Players of Dolphin FC of Port Harcourt rejoice after winning the 2010/2011 NPL Leaque
Rivers State governor Chibuike Amaechi handed out similar gifts to Sharks for their 2010 WAFU Cup triumph.

At the time, Amaechi promised the other two state clubs, who were present at the ceremony, that they would get the same reward if they also brought him trophies.
”When Dolphins won the league in 2004, the governor then gave out cars to the players and officials,” Amaechi said while receiving Sharks at the time.
”I was part of that government and I was one of those who advised on the cars.
”Now I am governor and Sharks have won the WAFU Cup so it is not out of place that we give them the same thing that Dolphins got some years back.
”I see Rivers Angels and Dolphins players here to celebrate with Sharks and just as the Sports Commissioner said, today is simply not your day; it is for Sharks.
”But I assure you that anytime you present a trophy to me, I will give to you the same thing I have given to Sharks.”
Dolphins finished this season as champions of the Nigeria Premier league while Rivers Angels won the Nigerian Women’s League title.
Amaechi will host both teams to a reception this week.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment