Tuesday 7 August 2012

I’m closer to becoming an Olympics legend – Bolt


Usain Bolt
Four-time Olympic champion Usain Bolt says he is edging closer to legendary status after defending his 100m title in stunning fashion on Sunday.
The 25-year-old Jamaican won in an Olympic record time of 9.63 seconds and is already thinking about his next target at London 2012 – the 200m.
“This gold means I am one step closer to being a legend so I’m working toward that,” he said. “That’s just one step.
“I have the 200m to go, so I’m looking forward to that.”
Bolt is a strong favourite for gold in the 200m, an event he also won at the 2008 Olympics in Beijing. His time of 19.19secs, set at the 2009 World Championships in Berlin, remains the world record.
When asked on BBC Radio 5 live whether he could break the 19-second barrier, Bolt smiled and said, “Well, it’s been on my mind a couple of years now and this season, on this track, feeling more confident in myself – we’ll see.
“I don’t want to say I can do it and then not do it. But it’s on my mind.”

No comments:

Post a Comment