Friday 20 January 2012

Kunle Afolayan: My Next Movie Will Win an Oscar


Actor-Director Kunle Afolayan is confident his next project will win Nigeria her first Academy Awards.

The Nollywood star, who’s on the road to promote his upcoming movie Phone Swap, told a Top Radio interviewer last night ‘my next movie will win Nigeria’s first ever Oscar awards. People should just watch out‘.

Afolayan did not give further details, but he spoke with confidence. The son of late cinema icon Ade Love, Afolayan is one of Africa’s more respected filmmakers, will the AMAA awards and other honours regularly coming his way.

His critically-acclaimed films Irapada and Figurine have featured in festivals across the world and distinguished him – especially in an industry where quality of script, story, acting an production is near zero.

‘My best is yet to come. I really don’t have any of my works that’s my favourite right now‘ he said, when asked to pick his best of his films.

No comments:

Post a Comment