Monday 10 October 2011

EFCC declared me wanted in error -Goje

FORMER governor of Gombe State, Senator Danjuma Goje, said in Abuja on Sunday that the decision by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) to declare him wanted was an error on the part of the Commission.
Senator Goje, who had written to the EFCC through his lawyers on Friday, said he was away briefly from the country but not on the run.
The senator, who was on Friday declared wanted by the EFCC arrived in Abuja on Sunday. He said in a statement by one of his aides, Mallam Yahaya Mohammed,  that he would appear before the EFCC on Monday (today) to clear his name of corruption allegations.
The statement quoted the former governor as saying that “there was no need by the EFCC to have declared me wanted.”
The statement further read: “I was out of the  country when I learnt that the EFCC had declared me wanted; there was no justification for its action. As former governor who served this nation for eight years and currently senator of the  Federal Repubic of Nigeria, I am ever-ready to defend my actions at all times.
“The allegation of corruption against me cannot stand. All financial resources entrusted in my care as governor of Gombe State were judiciously used. The records are there for everybody to access.”

No comments:

Post a Comment