Tuesday 20 March 2012

Now I have a boss who believes in me

FERNANDO TORRES admitted his overwhelming relief after finally ending the most embarrassing goal drought in football.
And the £50million striker seemed to take a shot at sacked Andre Villas-Boas by saying he now has a boss in Roberto Di Matteo who believes in him.
Torres lifted the roof off Stamford Bridge when he scored his first goal in 25 hours and 41 minutes of play.
And the £180,000-a-week hitman struck again just 18 minutes later as Chelsea crushed Leicester 5-2 in the FA Cup quarter-finals.
Torres, 28 tomorrow, confessed: “I needed those goals and I’ve been working so hard to get them.
“This season I have been playing at a very good level but I was not scoring goals.
“The job of the strikers is scoring goals and if you don’t do that people think you are playing bad. The main thing for me has been the support of the people.
“They are always with me and now I feel the confidence of the manager as well. It’s a good time for me and a good time for Chelsea.
“We are in the last two months of our season and our most important games are still to come.”
Torres’ last goal was his second in a 5-0 Champions League stroll against Belgian minnows Genk way back on October 19.
That made it 151 days before the former Liverpool striker finally found the net again to set up Chelsea’s fourth straight win under interim boss Di Matteo.
Torres added: “In the last month the team is much better than before.

No comments:

Post a Comment