Thursday 14 July 2011

I’m not the brain behind Boko Haram –Modu Sheriff …Denied being quizzed

Former Borno State Governor, Alhaji Ali ModuSheriff, has denied a claim credited to formerMinister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) General Jeremiah Oseni (retd) that he was the brain behind the creation of the Islamic fundamentalist, Boko Haram.
The group, he said, had been in existence before he got into office in 2003.
He also denied being quizzed by the operatives of the State Security Service (SSS).
“No, it was not true that I was quizzed by the SSS. In fact, I went there on my own,” he said.
Speaking to State House correspondents at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, Sheriff explained that his apology to the group was in the interest of peace, since the group said it would stop its actions if he and two others apologised to them publicly.
He, however, said therewas nothing new in the public apology he made to the group, noting that it was not different from the one he made to the generality of the state when he handed over tothe current governor.
“I didn’t apologise to Boko Haram. I apologised to every citizen of Borno State(SUN NEWSPAPER)

No comments:

Post a Comment