Friday 2 September 2011

Akindele confesses: Pray for Me! True to God, I need a man -Funke Akindele

Funke Akindele is a Nigerian success story. Here is a girl who has made it, who is a household name in Nigeria and beyond, whohas fame and money, but one thing is missing:a man to marry her.
Like every girl, she dreams to have a homeand a family all of her own. “Once I start my home, I hope to cut down on acting so that I can give my family more attention,” she says.
But for now, the men are not coming, or too scared to come, makingher to turn to God in prayer.
“Man proposes and God disposes”, she says, waxing spiritual, “so people should keep theirfingers crossed and pray for Funke Akindele to meet the bone of herbone and the flesh of her flesh and not somebody else.”
“It is one of my dreamsto bear children soon and I believe it will cometo pass soon.”
Not marrying early is something that seems to run in the family.
“My parents went through the process and it is their joy that I also pass through the same process,” she says.
There is a sense of poignancy to it all as thecelebrity actress compares her situation to some of her age mates who are already married and have children.
“Some of my mates have more than three kids today,” she laments, again going spiritual: “Perhaps, this is how God wants me to be for now. When the time comes, and that time could be anytime, I hope to put acting on hold for a family”.
In a typical Nigerian family setting, there would have been parental pressures to marry, but not so with Akindele’s parents.
“I have a wonderful mother that prays and encourages me. She admonishes me not to go after money but true love.
“People who know me closely would tell you that I don’t have airs atall. Of course, I want to get married to somebody that I love and who
understands me; who loves me for whom I am.”
Funke’s situation is made difficult by the general perception of actresses as not being too good as wives.
“People say that men are often scared of actresses because theyare famous, rich, drive around in posh cars and command a lot of attention. That all these make a ‘struggling’ guy gets scared and run away.”
“To all the guys scared of approaching her for marriage, Akindele says:“You don’t have to let inferiority complex overwhelm you. If God says you are the right person for me, then nothing will stop it.”
For a star actress of her stature to get a husband, Akindele knows she has to comedown from her high horse or from her Olympian heights of pride.
“You have to be humble;don’t let it get to your head. Just be yourself and be down to earth.”
She recalls the so many occasions “when peoplewant to walk up to me when I am in a public place and they are jittery. For instance, I was at Shoprite Mall recently and heard a guy telling his friend that he would love to say hi but felt I was a proud person but I shocked him by saying, ‘Hi, how are you? I am not a proud person o.’ I do that a lot of times.”
‘Where is the Glo money?’ for the rest of the story, visit nigeriafilms.com

No comments:

Post a Comment