Thursday 1 September 2011

School Fees of Church-owned Universities in Nigeria

My younger sister said to me the other day 'Linda, now that you're making money, why don't you start paying tithe? I didn't respond to her. Some of you know my stance on tithe offering, it hasn't changed.

Here's one of the reasons...
This is the school fees of Church-owned Universities in Nigeria
Bowen University - N650,000
Covenant University - N640,000
Benson Idahosa - N500, 000
Babcock University - N450, 000
Redeemers University - N375, 000
Ajayi Crowther University - N350, 000

What's the church highest source of income? Let me answer that; tithes, offerings, donations. So the thing is, I pay my tithe, my church builds a school, but I can't afford to send my child to that school? And here's the irony, no Nigerian University is in the top 15 Universities in Africa and only one university in Africa is among the 150 best universities in the world, and no, it's not a Nigerian university, it's University of Cairo.

So someone please explain to me why I should change my mind on tithe offering? How does it change and affect my world? Why are these church-owned universities unaffordable to the common man?

No insults please, let's discuss this as civilized adults and concerned citizens.
Culled from Lindaikeji's blog

No comments:

Post a Comment